Saturday 22 November 2014

Two wheel to be true.

I have been getting a hankering of late, after nine years without a motorcycle, to avail myself of a new steed.
Though one more befitting a gentleman of my advancing years than a stupidly powerful, big, green, wrap-around, scary bastard Kawasaki ZXR750, such as my last bike.
Something a little more sitty-uppy and sedate, I was thinking.
But, as ever, fate has decided that sensible doesn't really suit me, so, following a conversation with a friend last week, I agreed to buy his Suzuki GSXR750 Slingshot from him next month. A bike which is possibly slightly more radical than my old ZXR.
I think that finding this photo of me, a couple of days later, while looking for something else entirely, enjoying a track day at Brands Hatch in 2005, may have nailed the lid shut on the matter.




No comments:

Post a Comment